German-English medical translation • Medical editing for the health care sector
Translation of medical communicationsWhen only a specialist will do
Translating your health care marketingWhen you need to hit the right tone
Translation for public healthWhen health promotion is key
Your German health care communications. In effective English.
Your health care communications are an important asset. They enable you to address patients, medical practitioners and the general public, to share information and promote understanding. And of course, to communicate with international patients and colleagues, you need your texts in English.
But it’s hard to find a good translator. Especially someone who understands the health care sector. So it’s good that you’re here. For over ten years, I have translated health care communications from German to English for medical professionals, clinics and health education providers. I help my clients convey vital medical information to patients, clinicians and the wider community – both locally and internationally. Your medical translations will be in good hands with me. Want to know more?
German-English medical translation
Do you need to communicate with patients, colleagues or the general public in written English? I can translate your medical communications from German into English, ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
Result: Effective international communication of your important medical information.
English medical editing
Do you write in English as a second language? Or have your medical communications been translated by a non-native speaker? I can edit your texts or review your existing translations, ensuring they are easy to understand and error-free.
Result: Your medical documents create a good impression with patients, colleagues and the public.
Translation of health care marketing
Do you want to attract international patients? Or do you have local patients who don’t speak German? I can translate your medical brochures and website texts into clear, compelling English.
Result: More international patients and better patient-clinician relationships.
My specialist fields include:
- Health promotion and preventive medicine
- Public health
- Breast cancer surgery
- Plastic/aesthetic/cosmetic surgery
- Hip and knee replacements
- Genetics and genomics
- ADHD and autism spectrum disorders
Types of documents
I can translate your:
- Clinic website texts and marketing materials
- Health care brochures
- Informational leaflets and brochures for patients
- Patient administration forms
- Press releases
Need something more?Do you also need German-English translation for texts in other fields? I am an experienced translator for technical documents and corporate communications, so please get in touch to see how I can meet your needs.
For the outcome you’ve been looking for.
How to arrange your German-English medical translation
- Get in touch to discuss your needs, or email me your document for translation or editing. All documents will be handled confidentially.
- I will email you an obligation-free, fixed-price quote for the project, including cost and delivery date.
- Once you accept the quote, I’ll begin work on your documents.
- I will email you with any questions that arise during the project.
- When the translation or editing is completed, I’ll email the documents to you.
- The project is finished when you’re happy with your texts.
German-English medical translator
I am a German-English medical translator with over 10 years of experience in translating health care communications and medical marketing. A native English speaker from Derbyshire, UK, I hold a Bachelor of Science degree with first-class honours and am a qualified member of the UK Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI).
My main focus is on translating medical information aimed at patients and the general public. With a base in the UK, Switzerland and New Zealand, my clients include German and Swiss clinics and private practices as well as public health institutions. As an experienced writer, I also translate corporate communications for leading universities and organisations in the med/sci/tech fields.
I keep my skills updated through my continuing professional development in writing and medical science. I am an active member of the European Medical Writers Association (EMWA) and the German Association of Freelance Translators and Interpreters (DVÜD). Dual qualified in both translation and the natural sciences, I am known for my enquiring mind and attention to detail. My meticulous approach has earned me outstanding feedback and highly satisfied clients.
- UK Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)
- European Medical Writers Association (EMWA)
- German Association of Freelance Translators and Interpreters (DVÜD)
- UK Institute of Translation and Interpreting’s Medical & Pharmaceutical Network (MedNet)
- New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters (NZSTI)
- ITI International Network founder and 2013 Coordinator
- NZSTI Council member
- NZSTI Wellington Conference Committee
- AnatomyX: Musculoskeletal Cases – Harvard Medical School, edX
- Clinical Terminology – University of Pittsburg, Coursera
- Understanding Research: An Overview for Health Professionals – University of California San Fransisco, Coursera
- Programmed Cell Death – LMU Germany, Coursera
- Human Physiology – Duke University, Coursera
- Anatomy of the human abdomen – University of Leeds, FutureLearn
- Genetics 1 & 2 – University of British Columbia, Coursera
- Inside cancer – University of Bath, FutureLearn
- Introduction to Marketing – Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Coursera
- Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health – University of North Carolina, Coursera